Radio Al-Salam provides to graduating journalist students the opportunity to get a professional experience in a highly interesting field. You will be fully integrated in the multicultural and qualified team, and draft first-hand reports and testimonies. Please contact us if you are interested, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Monitoring the local news and finding relevant subjects to cover;
- Developing a network of field key informants for Radio Al-Salam;
- Recording voices in the field in Arabic and in Kurdish;
- Editing the reports on Audacity and broadcasting in coordination with the weekly planning.
- Animating the social media of the radio Al-Salam (Facebook, Twitter);
- Making pictures and videos for the, reports and other communication purposes;
- Drafting the press and receiving journalists in the studio;
- Designing communication materials (posters, flyers) in Kurdish and Arabic.
- Experience in journalism and radio (recording, editing with Auda city);
- Understanding of humanitarian actors and ability to understand a complex context;
- Knowledge of the Middle East, ideally of the Syrian and the Iraqi contexts;
- Skills in page setting, for instance with Lumix, Photoshop and InDesign.
English required, Arabic highly desirable, Kurdish and French asserts.
- Capacity to face tight schedules and pressure;
- Team-spirit, ability to work in an intercultural environment;
- Strong interest in minorities in the Middle East;
- Ability to live in demanding environment and an instable context.
Security conditions in Erbil and around are acceptable. Continental climate, extremely hot in Summer.
Radio al-Salam provides a travel and food allowance and it can support the accommodation search in Erbil.